WE ARE LIVING IN A POST IRONIC WORLD AND I AM A POST IRONIC GIRL

WE ARE LIVING IN A POST IRONIC WORLD AND I AM A POST IRONIC GIRL

Saturday, September 17, 2011

THE LAST UNICORN




"Once when I was searching
somewhere long ago
far away
in a place I could not find or heart obey
but now that I am a woman
everything has changed
once I was innocent and wise
and full of pain
but now that I am a woman
everything has changed"


The last unicorn was an under the radar phenomenon. It meant so very much to many young girls. It was the sound of our fragile heart beats. It echoed in my mind leaving a deep impression in my soft brain tissue, haunting me even now. what have I retained? What messages can be drawn from Mia Farrow’s trembling voice and that 70’s mural of a forest in which she dwelled? in so many ways it is about the loss of innocence. About being unwillingly transformed into a woman’s body and watching your magic fade and your possibilities narrow. Falling in love with the cutest guy around because you have been wooed and losing your heart and watching your pervious identity fallow. Willing to give up your destined purpose for this new circumstantial love.

but she couldn’t!

She had her own battles to fight, and when she let all her home girls out the water, she went on her path, changed forever. She went on to say she was the first and only unicorn to have felt regret, but she was thankful for it.

like the magic of our own childhoods should be retained. We should not be distracted by adulthood or romance, but our true selves will be much brighter if we can come out of the distractions of those things. The Unicorn has invited us to step out of our watery jail. And that anthem set a million girls free, bravely running back into the world to be as girly as we wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment